Pages

This is my blog- I guess, my "Zoo". It's about animals, food, photography, art and my own life.

Tuesday 27 September 2011

I love Fall! +caramel apple cupcakes with toasted coconut

Autumn, Fall, September, Back-to school.... Whatever you call it, Fall is such an absolutely wonderful time of the year. The temperature is perfect, School just started so you aren't utterly bored, my birthday is in fall *ahem ahem*,  and it's just plain old beautiful! 

 A gawjus tree!


I love the misty mornings and crisp afternoons.

I love the rain, too.

So there you have it. It took me ages to figure it out, but fall is surely my favourite season!


Now, what you were really reading for: Caramel apple cupcakes with toasted coconut! My new favourite cupcake ever, and I have had some pretty freaking good cupcakes!

Apple cupcakes
~recipe by yours truly~
1/2c honey
1/2c brown sugar
1/4c butter
1 peeled & grated apple (or 1/2c apple sauce)
Mix above ingredients together until smooth.
Add:
1tbsp baking powder.
pinch salt
2c flour
1c milk
Mix until smooth, spoon into muffin tin (1dozen), bake 350 for 19 minutes. Let cool slightly.
During the baking process, the cupcakes will magically coordinate with your walls!

Incredible Caramel Glaze
~zoe newell~
Microwave on high for 33 seconds:
1/2c brown sugar
2TBSP butter
pinch salt, pinch instant coffee
3TBSP milk
wisk until smooth. Repeat until all ingredients are combined.
Add to this mixture:
1/2c icing sugar
enough milk for desired consistency.
Let cool. Eat copious amounts while nobody is looking because It is soooooooooooooooo delicious!

a gift from the heavens above.

While both of these are cooling, toast your coconut. 

The variation in the colors of the coconut reminded me of fall leaves!

Once all three components are ready, the magic happens. 
When you dip that cupcake in the caramel glaze, trumpets sound.
When you sprinkle that toasted coconut on top, Fireworks go off.
When you bite into that cupcake, the angels are singing in heaven.
Yes, It is THAT good.

 Stop your life and eat this cupcake! Nothing else truly matters. If you continue on your silly life, your taste-buds will be screaming our for this cupcake, waiting, begging for this culinary miracle. Eat it. NOW.


The moist, dense cupcake. The glossy, sweet caramel. The delicate, exotic coconut...
Why isn't this cupcake in your mouth yet?





No comments:

Post a Comment